Saturday, February 25, 2006

Gospel Outline

Testimony (Church and Personal)

Transition: May I ask you a question?

Two Diagnostic Questions

#l Have you come to the place in your spiritual life where you know for certain that if you were to die today you would go to heaven, or is that something you would say you're still working on?
l John 5:13

May I share with you how I came to know for certain that I have eternal life and how you can know also?

Before I share with you, let me ask you another question?


#2
Suppose you were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to you, "Why should I let you into My heaven?" what would you say?
Repeat and confirm answer.

Transition: When you answered that first question, I thought I had some really good news for you. But after hearing your answer to the second question, know that I have the greatest news you have ever heard.

GRACE

Heaven is a free gift
Romans 6.23
lt is not earned or deserved
Ephesians 2:8,9
Friend's Gift

Transition: This can be seen more clearly when we understand what the Bible says about man.

MAN

Man is a sinner
Romans 3:23
Sin Defined
Three Sins a Day

Cannot save himself
Matthew 5:48
Omelet with Bad Egg
Do you see why it is impossible for anyone to get into heaven by their good works?

Transition: This comes into sharper focus when we look at what the Bible says about God


GOD


God is merciful -- therefore does not want to punish us.
1 John 4:8b
God is just -- therefore must punish sin.
Exodus 34:7b

Transition: God solved this problem in the Person of Jesus Christ.


CHRIST

Who He is -- the infinite God -Man
John 1:1, 14

What He did
- He died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and to purchase a place in heaven for us
Record Book of Sin
Isaiah 53:6

Transition: This gift is received by faith.


FAITH

Key to Heaven

What it is not


Mere Head Knowledge
James 2:19
Mere Temporal Faith

What it is
- Trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life.
Acts 16.31

The Chair

Transition – does this make sense to you?

Commitment – would you like to receive the gift of eternal life?

Clarification

Let me clarify what this involves:

  • Transfer trust
  • Receive the resurrected and living Christ as Savior
  • Revelation 3:20
  • Receive Christ as Lord
  • Repent

Prayer

If this is what you really want, I can lead us in prayer and we can tell God what you just now told me.
Pray for them that God would give them faith and repentance.
Pray with them - in short phrases of the Gospel Outline, allowing them to repeat after you
Pray for them - that the Holy Spirit will grant them assurance.

Assurance

I would like you to read something Jesus says about what you have just done
John 6:4 7
Two diagnostic questions
Welcome to the family of God

Partners in Growing
Read and sign "My Spiritual Birth Certificate"

Five Means of Growth

  • Bible (7 day call back)
  • Prayer
  • Worship
  • Fellowship
  • Witness

Appointment for church

No comments: